Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Forest Ranger Kathleen

I had a goal of making a portrait of a ranger. I told my family, so being the supportive bunch they are, every time a ranger would walk past in Yellowstone they would say "Lindsey, There's one!" I just felt so much pressure. It just never felt right. Well the next day at Mesa Falls we were eating a yummy picnic lunch and Kathleen the ranger was quietly sitting eating and looking over a newspaper. I watched her and the light that fell around her. It was then that it felt right. So here are some portraits of Ranger Kathleen. They are my favorite!




3 comments:

BTO said...

Love the lighting Linds. Great JOB! They are beautiful!

Whitney Hardie said...

I love that first shot. Awesome!

Weston Colton Photo said...

My fave is the second shot--her expression and the post you did to the image. Good job approaching strangers and asking to photograph them. I wish I would do that more often.