Monday, August 18, 2008

Declaration of Independence - Road Trip

So last friday  Skyler and I went to check out one of the 25 remaining copies of the Declaration of Independence at the Utah State Capitol.  This particular copy was found by  a couple who bought a painting at like a garage sale and found it under neath the painting.  They sold it to a private owner for 8 million dollars (i'm going to start going to more garage sales). The owner, a famous newscaster whose name escapes me, generously decided to take it to the people, on a road trip of sorts. It's been traveling around to different cities and last week end it crashed here.  Although we waited in a long line for an hour and a half, it was really neat to see it. It reminded me of how great our Country really is and how inspired our founding fathers really were. I am so grateful to live in this beautiful country of freedom!


It was surrounded by guards and undercover guards. It was all roped off and you got to go up to it by yourselves and look at it for a minute or two.
Wow!

1 comment:

Bryan Family said...

All your pictures are beautiful. You are so talented. I wished you did my wedding. They are very creative. You have an artists eye. I hope you enjoy it. It seems like you do.