Thursday, March 8, 2012

Arizona Part I : Taliesin West



















Those words alone hold so much more meaning for me now. I had learned Wright during College, but it wasn't until I walked the grounds of Taliesin West that I understood the grandeur of his designs and more importantly his vision. Every detail was given the greatest of attention; the connection to the earth was felt in every stone; and there was deep harmony between the hand of man and the Hand of God. 

I felt inspired. 

I felt a kinship with other artists who found inspiration there, a retreat from the world to hear one's own heart. 




A Big "Thanks" to our awesome tour guide, Phil, who was so knowledgeable about everything, even the small obscure details that we find so interesting. 

And don't worry it wasn't all so serious, Skyler and I had a lot of fun too. In our personal collection, I have a photo of him pretending to sleep on one of Wright's awesome outside chairs :)

No comments: